Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Time Crafts

My step-daughter is making the coolest gift for her children's teachers and I wanted to share since there is still time to whip up a few before the big day.

She took a 2X4 from the local store and cut it into different lengths and then put scrapbook paper and cute little embellishments on each one.  They are just darling.  Earlier in the year they sent out a questionaire to each teacher asking for their list of favorites so she chose their favorite colors and made each one truly custom to each teacher.  So without further rambling and delay, here is a picture of the one she just completed.
I just LOVE this idea so much that I am going to make some for a few special people in my family but I'm adding old photos to the blocks to really customize each set.  Since she wanted the gift to be something you could display all year she didn't use Christmas colors or elements but I can certainly see these used for Merry Christmas or Live, Laugh, Love or any number of cool phrases.

I liked it so much that I made a special gift for the DST December blog train but you'll have to come back tomorrow to see it and while you're here you'll be able to pick up an entire alpha totally FREE.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your goodies for the blogtrain. It's kind of your to share your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is SO cute and what a great idea!
    Lisa H.
    lisastuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete