Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

What the heck is DSD? and a FREEBIE

This blog is mainly my place to share my scrapping and designing thoughts but a few of my non-scrapping friends have found their way and to my surprise and pleasure they actually read what I write but I wasn’t aware of it until a few contacted me asking about DSD.  So for my non-scrapping friends (here after referred to as NSF’s) I wanted to educate you on the topic.

DSD is Digital Scrapbooking Day and in the world of scrappers it is a literal “frenzy” of sales, promotions, free products, coupons and most of the digital stores even have games and challenges where you can earn a ton of free products.  To put this in true perspective for my NSF’s, it’s like The Black Friday and day after Christmas sale all rolled into one big weekend.  

The adrenalin is pumping!  There are sites where you have to be there at a certain time to get the best deal.  There are designers who offer special incentives for Liking them or Following them or Subscribing to their newsletter.  Last week I picked up some great items for 75% off from!  This weekend many designers and stores are having a 50% off sale and one of my favorites Rachael’s Scraps has her store on sale for 55% off!  Yes, I dropped some bucks there as soon as I saw her sale.  You know that rush you get when you KNOW you have to be there at the door at 4 a.m. but the store doesn’t open until 5 a.m? Well that is what it’s like for us this weekend but we can do it all from our desk.  (big grin)

So what if you’re not a digital scrapper but you love to shop?  Chances are you KNOW someone who scraps and paper scrappers have as much fun with DSD as the rest of us.  Are you crafty?  Do you like to make cards or other paper crafts?  Looking for a really special gift for someone for Christmas?  A 12X12 scrapbook page in the right frame makes a beautiful gift.  Here are some of my favorites from the last few years.









I know you’re thinking “That’s great Rebecca, but I can’t do that!”  No problem.  I actually do that stuff FOR other people.  We call that Scrap 4 Hire in the Digital world so if you’re just born to shop and can’t pass up a good deal then go for it!  Find a kit that makes you ohhhh and ahhhhh and let me know.  I’ll grab it while it’s on the Mega Sale and you send me your pics.  We’ll whip out those custom Christmas Gifts in no time.
Here are a few of my favorite designs.  Check them out and grab a cup of coffee because this is where “Eye Candy” really came from.








PLEASE!  Give me a reason to buy these kits :)

Of course, I want you to stop by my store too.  I have just released Indian Summer.  It is full of color and just in time for Fall photos.


In celebration of DSD I made some snazzy papers to coordinate with this kit.  You can download Indian Summer Papers by clicking the image.

So there you go NSD's!  A nice explanation for you and some inspiration.  Have a GREAT weekend.  I'm gone shopping :)

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [05 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Nov. 05, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome papers! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these fab papers. Love them! Great colours.

    ReplyDelete